Spine Injury Attorneys in Tulsa
Trusted Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Serving Tulsa
Spinal Cord injuries are life changing and often times life threatening. They can happen in an instant, and your life is changed forever. One day you could be running errands, and the next you’ve had a significant accident that has caused serious injuries that will impact your life and the life of your family. A spinal cord injury is damage to the spinal cord or the nerve endings at the end of the spinal cord. These injuries often cause permanent change in strength, sensation, and other bodily function below the site of injury.
There are two compounding factors to whether you have the ability to control your limbs after a spinal cord injury: where the injury is located and the severity of the injury. Unfortunately, paralysis is often the result of severe spinal cord injuries. The two forms of paralysis are paraplegia and quadriplegia.
Paraplegia – When spinal cord injury results in paralysis of part of the trunk, legs and pelvic organs.
Quadriplegia – When spinal cord injury results in paralysis of arms, hands, trunk, legs and pelvic organs.
According to www.mayoclinic.org, there are five most common causes of spinal cord injuries in the United States:
- Motor vehicle accidents. Auto and motorcycle accidents are the leading cause of spinal cord injuries, accounting for more than 40 percent of new spinal cord injuries each year.
- Falls. Spinal cord injury after age 65 is most often caused by a fall. Overall, falls cause more than one-quarter of spinal cord injuries.
- Acts of violence. As many as 15 percent of spinal cord injuries result from violent encounters, often involving gunshot and knife wounds, according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- Sports and recreation injuries. Athletic activities, such as impact sports and diving in shallow water, cause 8 percent of spinal cord injuries.
- Alcohol. Alcohol use is a factor in about 1 out of every 4 spinal cord injuries.
- Diseases. Cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis, and inflammation of the spinal cord also can cause spinal cord injuries.
Spinal cord injuries are serious and our team of spine injury attorneys in Tulsa can help to assess the full damages in spinal cord accident cases. Victims of spinal cord injuries and their families need the aid of a spinal cord injury attorney who understands the physical, emotional and financial struggle, which result from these catastrophic injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury in any type of accident contact Graves McLain Spinal Cord Injury lawyers so that we can represent you in your time of need. We’ll speak with you for free and help represent you and your family. Our goal is to secure you the maximum compensation to help cover medical bills, lost wages, home alterations, prescriptions, therapy and all other related services necessary. Graves McLain are experienced in handling claims involving spinal cord injuries.
All cases are handled on a no win, no fee basis. We only get paid after you get paid. If there is no recovery, then there is no legal fee. Contact us today for a Free Case Evaluation at 918-359-6600, or email us directly or request a Free Consultation online by filling out the form on this website. An experienced Tulsa spine injury attorney will review the details of your case and determine the best course of action.
Graves McLain, Serious Lawyers For Serious Injuries.