Dog Bites & Attacks in Tulsa OK
“Bitten by a Dog in Tulsa? Contact Graves McLain for a Free Consultation.”
Dogs are often referred to as man’s best friend, however, this is not always the case. Sometimes, dogs attack, and their assaults can be vicious and life altering when serious injuries are inflicted. The physical and emotional scars from a dog attack can last a lifetime. Victims deserve experienced dog bite attorneys to fight for their rights to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve. The dedicated attorneys at Graves McLain are here to help dog bite victims during these difficult times.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) estimates 4.5 million Americans are bitten by dogs each year. Additionally, the CDC states nearly 885,000 victims suffered injuries serious enough to require medical attention, half of which were children. Dog bite litigation can be complex. If you are injured by a dog bite, responsibility can be assigned to the owner of the dog, as well as the owner of the property on which the attack took place. Civil law applies strict liability when the owner of a dog is aware it is a danger to others. Furthermore, when terms apply, homeowner’s insurance can be held accountable to cover damages suffered from a dog attack.
Oklahoma has the following strict liability law:
§4-42.1. The owner or owners of any dog shall be liable for damages to the full amount of any damages sustained when his dog, without provocation, bites or injures any person while such person is in or on a place where he has the lawful right to be.
Dogbites.org states the following statistics:
- In 2013, 38% of all dog bite fatality victims were either visiting or living temporarily with the dog’s owner when the fatal attack occurred
- In 2012 more than 27,000 people underwent reconstructive surgery as a result of being bitten by a dog
- A study published in 2010 showed there were 4 times as many dog bite related ER visits and 3 times as many hospital stays in rural areas than in urban areas.
- The Journal of American Medical Association states dog attack victims suffer over $1 billion in monetary losses annually.
- Dog bites occur every 75 second in the United States. Each day, over 1,000 citizens need emergency medical care to treat these injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered a dog bite injury where negligence may have been involved call the caring dog bite lawyers at Graves McLain in Tulsa, Oklahoma. An experienced Tulsa Oklahoma personal injury attorney will speak with you for free and help you find answers.
Call the Tulsa Oklahoma Dog Bite lawyers at Graves McLain at 1-800-359-6600. After a serious dog attack, you need an experienced dog bite attorney to fight for you. Call Graves McLain, Tulsa Oklahoma injury lawyers and an experienced lawyer will review the details of your case and determine the best course of action. Contact Graves McLain toll free at 1-800-390-6600, email us, or request a free consultation online. A dedicated attorney will review your situation at no cost to you. Trust our team, we are here to help.
Graves McLain, Serious Lawyers for Serious Injuries.
More Resources for Dog Attacks in Tulsa