On December 13th, attorney Chad McLain of Graves McLain appeared on KTUL’s Good Day Tulsa to discuss dangerous toys and gifts, and the dangers they can present to infants and younger children. With these insights, Graves McLain hopes to help parents protect their young ones from harm this holiday season. Watch the video:
Consumer Advocacy at Work
Each year around the holidays, World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc. (WATCH) publishes a list of the year’s worst toys that highlights dangerous or unsafe toys for infants and children. The non-profit consumer-safety organization is dedicated to educating the public about dangerous toys, children’s products, and recreational activities—hoping to protect children from harm.
The 2018 Dangerous Toys List
This year, the WATCH list includes:
- Nickelodeon Nella the Princess Knight Pillow Pets Sleeptime Lites: This nightlight is not for use in a crib, as small accessories present an ingestion hazard. In addition, the manufacturer identifies a “battery acid leakage” hazard.
- Marvel Black Panther Slash Claw: Suggested for children as young as five years of age, the product’s rigid plastic claws pose risks for eye and facial injuries. The packaging advises against swinging at or hitting people.
- Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket: Marketed to children six years of age and older, the product features rockets that can launch up to 200 feet. Warnings on the package indicate the potential risk for eye and facial injuries.
- Kid O Toys Cutting Fruit: Geared for children as young as two years of age, the product features magnetic fruit and a hard plastic “knife” that could cause puncture wounds or other blunt trauma injuries to young children.
- VTech Zoo Jamz Xylophone: Aimed at children as young as 18 months of age, the product features a nine-inch-long drumstick which presents a potential choking hazard. The packaging features no warnings regarding this danger.
Graves McLain is Here to Help
If you or a loved one has been injured by a Defective Toy or other Dangerous Product, call Graves McLain right away at 918-359-6600 or fill out a free consultation form online. When you call one of our experienced Tulsa, Oklahoma Product Liability Attorneys, we will speak with you for FREE and determine the best course of action.
We review every detail of your situation at no cost to you—and fight hard to protect your rights. Trust our team, we are here to help. At Graves McLain, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front—and you owe us nothing until we win your case. At Graves McLain, we don’t get paid until you do.
Graves McLain, Serious Lawyers for Serious Injuries