Tractor Trailer Accident Attorneys in Tulsa
Injured in an Accident With a Big Rig? Call Us Now For a Free Consultation.
Trucking is a multi-billion industry that employs hundreds of thousands of drivers in the United States. Trucking companies and major corporations that own their own fleets, are responsible to keep their trucks maintained properly at all times and their drivers must follow numerous safety guidelines. But sometimes, trucking companies do not follow the laws and regulations to the fullest and sometimes drivers, in an effort to cut corners, make preventable mistakes that can seriously impact others.
Thousands of tractor-trailer accidents occur each year in Oklahoma, resulting in the injury and sometimes death. Large commercial trucks, tractor-trailers and semis all represent large, heavy dangers on the road and pose a serious threat to other drivers and pedestrians.
The tractor-trailer injury attorneys in Tulsa at Graves McLain understand the rules and regulations that Fleet owners and truck drivers must maintain. If you or a loved one is ever harmed in a tractor-trailer accident, call the tractor trailer accident attorneys at Graves McLain for help. They will review your situation, investigate the facts, find out why the accident happened and they will work hard to protect your right to full and fair compensation.
Driving concerns are only natural when sharing the road with tractor-trailers, as there has been a 20% increase in trucking accidents over the last two decades according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Around 500,000 trucking accidents occur every year in the United States, with approximately 5,000 accidents resulting in fatalities and thousands more resulting in injuries.
The five most common causes of truck accidents are as follows…..
1) Driver Error: According to the FMCSA, driver error is ten times more likely to be the cause of a crash than any other factor. Driver fatigue, distractions and substance abuse are the most common causes of driver error.
2) Weather Conditions: Weighing upwards of 80,000 pounds, a loaded semi can outweigh the average passenger vehicle by more than 25 times. This means, due to their heavy load, trucks need to increase their braking distance in bad weather. Staying apprised of local weather patterns can assist the driver’s anticipation of braking when needed.
3) Truck Equipment Failure: Defective tires and faulty reverse lights are examples of truck equipment failures. The FMSCA requires pre-trip inspections, as well as companies to perform routine inspections and maintenance throughout the year. Ignoring these guidelines leads to accidents.
4) Improper Loading: A truck can malfunction when moving if the load is not safely configured or distributed on the trailer. Improper loading can also lead to not being safely secured, resulting in the load falling off onto roadways.
5) Truck Driver or Company Selection: Shippers need to be diligent in background checks on drivers and companies to ensure the best delivery results. They should check each are compliant with FMSCA regulations.
If you or a loved one is ever injured in a tractor trailer accident in Tulsa that was not your fault, call Graves McLain for help. An experienced lawyer will speak with you for free. If we accept your case, we will fight to protect your rights to the full and fair compensation you deserve. Call us toll-free at 800-390-6600 for a free consultation.
Call Graves McLain, Serious Lawyers for Serious Injuries. An experienced truck accident lawyer will review your situation at no cost to you. Trust our team. We’re here to help.
Graves McLain, helping Oklahomans every day seek the justice they deserve.