Construction workers put themselves at risk for workplace accidents on a daily basis. They continue to face some of the highest risks when it comes to workplace injuries; 1in10 workers are injured each year.
Falls are the leading cause of deaths and injuries on construction sites – many of which are preventable. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) fall prevention is the most violated standard among worksites.
OSHA in order to take action and raise awareness through 3 simple steps established the Fall Prevention Campaign:
- PLAN – plan ahead to get the job done safely by deciding how the job will get done, what tasks will be involved, and what safety equipment may be needed to complete each task.
- PROVIDE – make sure your employees are provided with the correct equipment including fall protection, the right kinds of ladders, scaffolds, and safety gear.
- TRAIN – falls can be prevented when workers understand the proper set-up and safe way to use the equipment provided.
In order to take action and improve safety on construction sites the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Center for Construction Research and Training released an app following this campaign. The app helps workers safely position their ladders, and encourages the use of proper safety equipment. In 2016 over 63,000 smartphones downloaded this app to improve safety on construction sites.
- Always wear a hardhat
- Use proper equipment
- Abide by all safety procedures on the jobsite
- Protect yourself and decrease your chance of sustaining a preventable workplace injury.
If you or a loved one are ever injured in an accident caused through no fault of your own, trust the Tulsa Injury attorneys of Graves McLain to handle your case. We will fight to achieve the maximum financial compensation and help you recover for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage and for your pain and suffering.
Call us today at 918-359-6600, and you will speak with an experienced, dedicated and compassionate Tulsa Personal Injury attorney absolutely FREE. Our lawyers will help you understand the details of your case, and will fight on your behalf to secure the recovery you deserve. Your case and your injuries are serious. At Graves McLain, we’re here for you.
Graves McLain – Serious Lawyers for Serious Injuries