Oklahoma Burn Injury Attorneys
Suffering from a Burn Injury? Call Graves McLain Now for a Free Consultation.
You possibly would be shocked to know how many fires and explosions occur, right here in the United States daily. Accidents happen all the time. Accidents that can cause unexpected explosions, that can result in people suffering serious burns and other significant injuries.
Explosions, chemical reactions, car accidents and building fires can cause serious burn injuries. Victims of burn injuries often suffer irreversible damage to their physical health, appearance and self-esteem. The physical, mental and financial costs of recovering from a burn injury are substantial. Serious burns often require extended periods of hospitalization, rehabilitation and psychological counseling. Many times, fire injuries and property loss can be the result of negligence due to a defective product, an accident or an unexpected fire & explosion.
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury call the caring lawyers at Graves McLain. Our experienced Tulsa Oklahoma Burn Injury attorneys will speak with you for free and help you through your difficult time. We will investigate your situation thoroughly, we will secure any and all evidence relating to your case, we will work closely with you to support you and your family in any way we can to help you secure the maximum compensation for your injuries.
There are multiple classifications for burns:
- includes only the outer layer of skin
- equivalent to superficial sunburn without blisters
- hospitalization is for pain control and maybe fluid imbalance
- penetrates first layer of skin, the epidermis, and beginning of the second layer, the dermis
- sensation can be present, but diminished
- hospitalization for cleaning of would and skin grafting to heal wound
- all layers of skin destroyed
- no pain or sensation present
- hospitalization for cleaning, skin grafting, and functional and cosmetic reconstruction
- full thickness of burn extends to muscle and bone
- no pain, skin is blackend
- hospitalization for amputation, functional impairment, often results in death of victim
The following statistics are from the American Burn Association for 2013:
- 450,000 people received medical treatment for burn injuries
- 3,400 deaths occurred due to fire/burns/smoke inhalation
- 2,550 deaths due to residential fire
- 300 deaths due to vehicle crash fires
- 400 deaths due to electricity, scolding liquids or hot objects
- 150 deaths due to non-residential fires or smoke inhalation
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury where negligence may have been involved call the caring burn injury lawyers at Graves McLain, located in Tulsa Oklahoma. An experienced Tulsa Oklahoma Burn Injury attorney will speak with you for free and help you find answers. Call Graves McLain burn injury lawyers at 1-800-359-6600.
After a serious accident, you need an experienced burn injury attorney to fight for you. Call Graves McLain and an experienced lawyer will review the details of your case and determine the best course of action. Contact Graves McLain toll free at 1-800-390-6600, email us, or request a free consultation online. A dedicated attorney will review your situation at no cost to you. Trust our team, we are here to help.
Graves McLain, Serious Lawyers for Serious Injuries.