According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) medication errors account for at least one patient death every day and nearly 1.3 million patient injuries each year in the United States.
We rely on medical professionals almost ever to administer the proper medications and in the correct dosages. However, if a doctor’s handwriting is illegible, a pharmacist dispenses the wrong medication, or a nurse misreads a label, patients suffer.
Examples of medication error, include:
- Prescribed wrong medication
- Over prescribed medication
- Under prescribed medication
- Administered the wrong medication
- Not prescribed or administered medication due to medical staff error
- Prescribed or administered medication one is allergic to
- Prescribed or administered multiple medications, which together cause adverse effects
Medication errors like these can happen in any medical setting, and it is up to doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other medical staff members to ensure you are receiving the proper medication in the proper doses. If you or a family member has suffered from a medication error, contact Graves McLain to review your situation and take action against the responsible party. We are experienced in serious injury and medical malpractice cases, so you can be sure you have a qualified team working to protect your rights.
Contact the Tulsa, Oklahoma Personal Injury Lawyers at Graves McLain at, 1-800-390-6600, email us directly, or request a free consultation online. An experienced attorney will review you situation at no cost to you. Trust our team, we are here to help.
Graves McLain, Serious Lawyers For Serious Injuries